1. General Statements
2. Information We Collect And How We Use It
How We Use Your Information
We generally use your information to:
- Facilitate the creation of and to secure your User Account (as defined below) on the Services;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide, personalize, and improve the Services;
- Communicate with you about your use of the Services;
- Develop new products and Services,
- Track usage of the Websites and Services;
- Backup our systems and allow for disaster recovery;
- Fulfill your requests and provide customer support;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to the Services and your user preferences and behaviors and for other marketing purposes of CannVerify using your contact information;
- Protect, investigate, prevent and potentially take action against possible fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Respond to claims that Website content is inauthentic, counterfeit, or otherwise violates the rights of third parties;
- Respond to your requests for customer service;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users;
How CannVerify Discloses Your Information
- We may share your personal information with your consent or at your direction, including with third parties fulfilling orders or requests you place on our Websites.
- We may also share your information with others who perform services on our behalf.
- We also may disclose your information if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or to protect CannVerify, our Websites, and Services; or any rights, property, or personal safety of CannVerify or others.
Information We May Collect
- Account Information: If you create an account on any of the Websites or Services (a “User Account”), we may store and use your full name, business name, e-mail address, home or business address, phone number, zip code, and other information you may provide with your User Account, such as your gender and birth date. Personal information such as full name, home or business address, phone number and zip code will be stored encrypted in our database. Your business name, as well as any photo you submit for your profile, may be publicly displayed as part of your User Account profile. We may also store and use information regarding your means of age verification (e.g., drivers license) or medical marijuana recommendation, including your recommending doctor’s name and license number, contact information, verification methodology, and verification number. We may also store information on your order history and preferences with respect to orders placed from your account.
- Public Content: The information that you contribute through or post on the Websites or Services is intended for public consumption, including your photos, products, templates, brands, serials and basic User Account profile information. We may display this information through the Websites or Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third-party sites and services.
- Communications: When you sign up for a User Account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from CannVerify. While you can manage some of your e-mail preferences, please note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from CannVerify. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from CannVerify or through the Websites or Services, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, e-mails, and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on CannVerify, we may contact you, including by phone or e-mail, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
- Transactional Information: If you initiate a transaction through any of our Websites or Services, to the extent applicable (the “Transactable Sites”), we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, e-mail, and credit card information, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. CannVerify does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure that may advertise content directly to you on behalf of such parties. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
- We collect non-personal information from you while you are browsing in the Websites. This information may include IP addresses to help analyze system administration, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on CannVerify. The information we collect from you visiting the Transactable Sites may include the URLs they came from, their IP addresses, the date and time of their visit or order, the number of visits and orders, the number of visits per browsing session, the server type, the operating system and browser type used to come to the site, the country, state, and telephone area code where their servers are located, the pages and page titles of our site that visitors viewed during their visit, whether the visitor’s computer is enabled for Java or cookies, browser language, applications and plug-ins, and any search terms entered on CannVerify.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Websites or Services, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the actions you take, the date and time of your visit, and purchases you make through the Transactable Sites. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Websites, Services, or Transactable Sites, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, and requested and referring URLs.
Our uses for these technologies fall into one of the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting-Related: We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third-party sites. This involves using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
Managing Cookies: It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Websites, Services, and Transactable Sites. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For flash cookies, you can manage your privacy settings by visiting the Adobe Macromedia site, located here.
4. Third Parties
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Service Providers: We may rely on third-party providers to support or provide some of the features and options that are available through the Websites, Services, or Transactable Sites. We may also rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Websites or Services, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Websites or Services, promotional and contest features, Transactable Sites’ product listings and brand management, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third-party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, affiliates, partners, or other companies under common control.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as brand managers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, serials, or certain products available in the Transactable Sites or the general characteristics of such users.
- Businesses on CannVerify: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender, your devices, and your use of the Websites, Services, and/or Transactable Sites (such as which serials you view) with businesses on CannVerify.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with federal, state, or local legal process and legally binding law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites, Services, or Transactable Sites; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, clients, partners, or the public. If you flag or otherwise complain to CannVerify about content available through the Websites, Services, or items on the Transactable Sites, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content or product in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond and/or remedy the situation.
- Links: The Websites or Services may contain links to unaffiliated third-party services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions: We may sometimes offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Websites or Services that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, personal information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
- Please Note: If you agree to accept a Promotion from our third-party service providers or any third-party merchant, then you will receive e-mails separately from them and all information that you choose to disclose to them will be subject to their individual and separate privacy policies. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive their e-mails, then you will need to follow their own specific opt-out instructions. Following our directions for opting out of e-mail notifications and disclosure of personal information will not opt you out of third-party disclosures and related promotional communications.
5. Changes To Your Profile And E-Mail Preferences
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the personal information you provide to us. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information that was provided as part of your registration with our Websites or Services. The Websites or Services may allow you to review, correct, or update personal information you have provided through the Websites or Services’ forms or otherwise. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. When you edit your personal information or change your preferences on the Websites or Services, information that you remove may persist internally for our own administrative purposes.
You may cancel or modify the e-mail marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional e-mails or in some cases by logging into your User Account and changing your communication preferences. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions, and if your opt-out preferences are limited to certain types of e-mails, the opt-out will be so limited. Subsequent or different subscriptions will remain unaffected. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your User Account or use of our Websites or Services, such as administrative and service announcements, and these transactional User Account messages may be unaffected even if you choose to opt out from receiving our marketing communications.
For those users utilizing the Transactable Sites’ online ordering feature, you can review, change, or delete the information you have submitted. You may ask to have information on your User Account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past purchases, you cannot delete information associated with past purchases. Also, as a security measure, we “back up” the data stored on our systems, ensuring that such prior information cannot be completely removed from our databases. As a result, you should not expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our backed-up or archived databases.
6. Data Retention And User Account Termination
After you have confirmed the closing of your User Account, you may request to have all your data removed from our servers. However, we may retain information about you offline for the purposes of investigating, or identifying possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites, Services, or Transactable Sites.
7. Children Using The Websites or Services
The Websites or Services are intended for adults only and require that users be no less than eighteen (18) years of age. Please note that certain of the Websites and Services require you to be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to access and use such Websites and Services. Please check the applicable terms and conditions for such Websites and Services for further information. Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) (or twenty-one (21) for applicable Websites and Services) are prohibited from creating a User Account and profile, accessing the Websites or Services, and/or purchasing products on the Transactable Sites. If you become aware that an underage user has created a User Account using false, stolen, or otherwise misleading information, please contact us immediately at [email protected]
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. This includes using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software (which is software that encrypts the information you input) and using encryption for storing personal information in our database. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
To most efficiently serve you when placing orders through our Transactable Sites site, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third-party banking managers, processing agents, and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order. Within the Transactable Sites, your information is kept on password-protected, limited access servers. Wherever possible and applicable, the Transactable Sites’ servers reside behind a corporate firewall that maintains controls on access to the system from both our internal network and the Internet.
9. International Data Transfer
Please note that we take the privacy of our users seriously and therefore take steps to safeguard your personal information, including assuring an adequate level of data protection in accordance with international standards. If you would like additional information about your personal data and its use in connection with the Websites and Services, including revising any incorrect information, please contact the Data Privacy Manager at the address in Section 11. We will take such steps as we deem necessary to confirm your identity before sharing any personal data with you. We will attempt to respond to proper and confirmed requests relating to personal data within thirty (30) days, or as otherwise required by applicable law. If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handled, you may refer your request to your country’s data management authority. In the European Union, any such request should be directed to the Data Protection Authority in your EU Member State.
10. California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at [email protected] Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
11. Contact Information